How to clean a dishwasherJanuary 10, 2017
Cleaning Services for Senior CitizensJanuary 23, 2017
How to Clean Your Toilet
Ok, so cleaning your toilet may not be the first thing you look forward to each morning but someone’s got to do it! There is nothing that can make a bathroom look worse than a filthy or stained toilet. A dirty toilet is also one of the most embarrassing things for a guest to see when they come and visit. On the flip side, there is just something, well nice, about a sparkling clean white toilet. Don’t let you or your visitor’s tushy sit on another gross toilet again. In this weeks post we are going to teach you a systematic approach of how to clean your toilet.
The Tools For The Job
- Goggles (Especially if this is not your toilet!)
- Microfiber Towel, Sponge or Scrubber
- Toilet Brush
- Your Favorite Cleaning Product
The first thing that you need to plan for is the time it takes to clean a toilet. The key to successfully keeping anything clean is by keeping up with the maintenance. With that being said, if you are cleaning a toilet that hasn’t seen a toilet brush in a while prepare for a minimum of 2-3 hours to get the job done. This is worst case scenario to allow the toilet bowl to soak but it is always best to plan ahead.
Get Suited Up!
- Make sure you are wearing your cleaning clothes
- Put on your gloves and goggles
- Open bathroom window and door for ventilation
Start with the Tank
- Remove everything from the top of the tank lid and set the lid to the side
- Use the scrub bush or sponge to clean the walls inside of the tank
- Clean all the flushing devices and check to make sure they are properly connected
- Flush the toilet
Move to the Bowl
- Use toilet brush for a quick scrub to remove build up in the bowl then flush the toilet
- Apply toilet cleaner to upper rim of the toilet and allow it to coat the entire bowl
- The condition of the toilet will determine the proper cleaner to use and the time needed for the project. Bleach or vinegar make for excellent choices.
- Close the lid and allow cleaner to soak the bowl
Clean the Exterior
- Clean the exterior of the toilet with sponge or microfiber towel
- Use a generous amount of disinfectant to sanitize the toilet
Don’t Forget the Floor
- The floor around the toilet is often over looked so pay close attention
- After scrubbing the floor use your disinfectant to sanitize
Back to the Bowl
- Move back to the bowl after enough time has passed to remove stains
- Flush the toilet then re-apply cleaner and scrub the bowl
- Give one last flush and Voila! you have a clean toilet!
Plan to Maintain
- Maintenance is the key to keeping your toilet sparkling
- Use one of many automatic toilet bowl cleaners on the market that clean with each flush
- Keep your toilet brush nearby to give a quick clean daily
We hope you enjoyed learning how to clean your toilet. Would you prefer some help in this department? Cleaning Hand Cleaning Service is here to serve all of your cleaning needs! We have low rates and flexible schedules to satisfy each and every customer. Go ahead and call us today!
Call us as (352) 622-6633
Get a Cleaning Service Gift Card Online!