Often our appliances get overlooked in the kitchen when we are cleaning. Today we will look at how to clean a dishwasher. Many people would assume that your dishwasher stays clean because its job is to clean dishes. Think about it though, all the dirty dishes that cycle through the dishwasher every month. Imagine all the build up from food, dirt and foreign particles that accumulates after a number of loads. In this article you will learn the basics of how to clean a dishwasher so you can make sure your dishes come out sparkling and clear.
– Fill your sink with warm water and add 2 cups of vinegar. This is where you are going to place all the removable pieces of your dishwasher while you are cleaning.
– Remove shelves and utensil holders. Scrub away buildup and place in the sink.
– Unscrew any pieces within the dishwater that are easily removed such as the filter, arm and grate. Place these in the sink. If you are unable to remove pieces make sure to use your tooth pick and toothbrush to get into the tight places and remove any debris.
– Look for any large build ups within the dishwasher. Wipe down the entire inside of the washer with your cleaner of choice or a vinegar and water solution.
– Pay special attention to the seals and remove any build up of mildew, mold or rust stains. Baking soda is a good choice to use in order to restore the white. You can also use bleach if you prefer.
– Detail the inside. Your dishwasher contains many small crevices. Use the toothpick and toothbrush to detail the inside of the dishwasher.
– Spray and clean the dishwasher door. Make sure to use a cleaning product that is safe for your dishwasher.
– Reassemble all of the dishwasher parts.
– Add 2 cups of Vinegar to the bottom of the dishwasher and cycle it on low or energy saving level. At mid-wash stop the cycle and allow the vinegar to sit for 20 minutes. Resume cycle.
– Once the cycle is complete wipe the insides of the dish washer dry.
You now have all the steps to know how to clean a dishwasher. Remember to repeat this process monthly in order to prevent build up. Keeping your dishwasher clean will not only help it run more efficiently and add to its life span but it will help produce cleaner dishes.
Need help cleaning your dishwasher? Serving Ocala and all of Marion County Florida, Cleaning Hand Cleaning Service is here to help you meet all of your cleaning needs. Go ahead, Call us today at (352) 622-6633 or Gift Certificate Online Now!